- Ending the requirement for people on PWD, PPMB or regular Income Assistance to pursue Canada Pension Plan retirement benefits before the age of 65;
- Removing the limit to the number of security deposits for Ministry clients
- Introducing a repayable pet damage deposit with the same requirements as a security deposit
- Eliminating the two-year independence rule, which states that young adults must be financially independent for two years before being able to access income assistance.
- Changing the definition of spouse so that people can live together for 12 consecutive months (instead of 3) before being considered spouses
For more details of the positive changes click here