Join Our Team
Kardel’s mission is to help people with developmental disabilities have a good life and to respect their personal choices.
We acknowledge with gratitude and respect that Kardel’s programs and homes are located on the traditional and unceded territory of the many first nations who are the original caretakers of the land we call Vancouver Island.
Working at Kardel:
Kardel is an accredited agency that provides individualized services for adults with diverse abilities. Kardel employs 350+ front line employees in our Group Homes, Day Programs and other Individualized programs.
Why work for Kardel:
- Kardel provides comprehensive training at each program location.
- New employees with related post-secondary education or prior work experience who may be eligible for elevation on the wage step grid.
- Kardel will pay for or reimburse the costs associated with employment including a Criminal Record Check, First Aid Certification, and TB testing.
- Full and part time staff are eligible for an employer paid benefits program.
- Kardel employees are enrolled in the Municipal Pension Plan.
- Opportunity to participate in organizational committees and working groups in Occupational Health and Safety, Equity and Inclusion and Accessibility.
Requirements of the job:
- Must be 19 years or older.
- Must be fully vaccinated or able to provide proof of a medical exemption.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check completed by Kardel.
- Current 8-hour First Aid certification with CPR C
- A clear TB Test
- Class 4 and/or 5 Driver’s License is preferred.
Kardel is committed to providing a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment for the individuals who use our services, the staff members we employ and the many other stakeholders who support our programs.
Community Support Worker Positions
Home Share Provider Application
Kardel is looking for Home Share Providers! Click on the link button below to save and fill out an application.