CLBC would like to invite you to provide input on how it can better support individuals and their families to plan.
Background CLBC is currently working on a project to improve its planning support to individuals and their families. Our research shows that:
- Individuals and families need realistic, accurate and consistent information about CLBC long before they turn 19.
- Individuals and families have different planning needs (i.e. transition, aging, employment, etc.).
- Individuals and families want “ownership” over their planning processes and documents; they want ready access and the ability to adjust plans themselves.
- There is often duplication in planning with service providers.
Based on these findings, CLBC will be testing a new approach to planning that includes a planning profile tool based on the Quality of Life Framework of Dr. Schalock. We are interested in hearing from service providers about how this new profile tool might interface with existing service provider planning approaches, process, and efforts.
You Are Invited The Planning Project Design Team will be visiting 4 locations around the province testing elements of the new planning design, and we will be in Victoria in early June. In addition to attending the session for service providers, we hope that you will also encourage involvement from individuals and families who you support. We are interested in hearing from individuals (and their families) who are in high school and may be eligible for services in the future, those who recently transitioned and are receiving CLBC-funded services, and those who recently transitioned and are on CLBC’s Request for Service List. Here is our schedule:
- Session 1: Service Providers – 1:00-3:00pm, June 5, CLBC, Suite 200-645 Tyee Road, Victoria
- Session 2: Families – 7:00-9:00pm, June 5, Camosun College (Lansdowne Campus, 3100 Foul Bay Rd, Victoria), Young Building, Room 219
- Session 3: Self-Advocates – 7:00-9:00pm, June 5, Camosun College (Lansdowne Campus, 3100 Foul Bay Rd, Victoria), Young Building, Room 217
- Session 4: CLBC Staff – 9:00-11:00am, June 6, CLBC, Suite 200-645 Tyee Road, Victoria
If you are interested in joining the service provider session, please RSVP to Lisa Makortoff at Lisa.Markortoff@gov.bc.ca. Seating is be limited so we encourage you to RSVP as soon as possible.
We look forward to seeing you there!